3-day meeting at Karolinska institutet
The Summer School 2 will take place in connection to the conference “Emerging Methods and Technologies for Medical Research Conference”, organised by Björn Högberg.
Scroll down to see the programme and som info about transportation in Stockholm.
- 31 August 2015: EScoDNA sessions – The venue is Karolinska Institutet, Dept. for Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Tomtebodavägen 6, Solna.
- 11:00-11:30: Welcome and management news
- 11:30-12:30: Fellow presentations
- Ilenia Manuguerra, AU
- Guido Grossi, AU
- 12:30-13:30: Lunch break
- 13:30-15:30: Complementary skills – a talk by Eva Hedlund, Associate professor at the dept. of Neuroscience, KI. The topic of the talk is finding a post doc and grant writing.
- 15:30-15:45: Coffee break
- 15:45-17:15: Fellow presentations
- Luisa Kneer, LMU
- Aradhana Chopra, TUM
- Ferenc Fördös, KI
- 17:15-17:30: Break
- 17:30-18:30: Fellow presentations
- Céline Journot, UOXF
- Michael Boemo, UOXF
- 19:00: Dinner (and supervisory board meeting)
- Tables for all of us are reserved at a nearby restaurant.
- 1-2 September 2015: EMERGMED 2015 (for those who have registered), organised by Björn Högberg
- (see programme here: http://www.emergmed-conf.org/)
Transportation in Stockholm
For those who will take the bus, there is a convenient bus stop in front of the meeting venue – Karolinska institutet västra – for bus #73 and #96. Otherwise from the other side of the campus there are #77, #73, #3. You can use the www.sl.se website to calculate the route.
The Stockholm busses are difficult to use for tourists because the standard way of paying is through your cellphone, but it only works for people with Swedish cellphone subscriptions. The easiest way is to buy tickets in advance at a Metro station or at the tobacco shops “pressbyrån”. There are also 24 hr tickets and such. The following website has some info in english: http://sl.se/en/fares–tickets/
About the Summer School in general
This school will focus on medical applications of DNA Nanotechnology. Invited international speakers will present the latest advances in synthetic biology, directed drug delivery and biomedical developments. Seminar in complementary skills will also be organised by Björn Högberg.