The EScoDNA Summer School 2014 will take place at the Department of Physics / St. Anne’s College, Oxford on 31 Aug – 5 Sept. Accommodation will be provided in St. Anne’s College. The Summer School will be combined with the EScoDNA Mid-term meeting (the Project Officer will attend on 1 Sept.).
31 August: Arrival / dinner
Venue: St. Anne’s College, Dining Hall (click on picture to the left for site plan)
- 19:00: Pre-dinner drink in Lower Common Room (Dining Hall – location E on site plan)
- 19:30: Dinner (not formal) in Upper Common Room (Dining Hall -location E on site plan)
1 September: Mid-term meeting
External Reviewer, Dr Theodora Calogeropoulou, will be present.
Venue: Martin Woods Lecture Theatre
- 09:00-10:00 am: Intro / tour de table / coordinator’s report
- 10:00-11:00 am: Fellows individual reports* (3 x 15 mins)
- 11:00-11:30 am: Break
- 11:30-12:30 am: Fellows individual reports (3 x 15 mins)
- 12:30-1:30 pm: Lunch break
- 1:30-2:30 pm: Meeting between fellows and PO/external expert and Supervisory Board Meeting (partners)
- 02:30-04:00 pm: Fellows individual reports (5 x 15 mins)
- 04:00-04:30 pm: Break
- 04:30-06:00 pm: Fellows individual reports (5 x 15 mins)
- 06:00-07:00 pm: Open discussion
A more detailed programme for the Mid-term meeting can be found here.
2 September: EScoDNA sessions
Venue: Martin Woods Lecture Theatre. Lunch will be at St. Anne’s College, Dining Hall.
- 9:00-10:30 am: Need of Quality Management in Research and Development (Antonio Manetto, BAS)
- 10:30-11:00 am: EScoDNA Lab-Wiki (Ebbe Sloth Andersen, AU)
- 11:00-11:30 am: Break
- 11:30-11:50 am: EScoDNA career development plans (Lise Refstrup Linnebjerg Pedersen, AU)
- 11:50-12:30 pm: Career development – contributions from partners and discussion
- 12:30 pm: Closing remarks by Kurt
- 1pm: lunch
- afternoon: free time in Oxford, with optional punting expedition (depending on weather)
3-5 September: Physics Meets Biology conference
Venue: The conference will be held over two venues. The lectures, refreshments and posters will be located in the Martin Wood Lecture Theatre at the Clarendon Laboratory. Lunches, dinners and accommodation will be held at St. Anne’s College.
- ESRs participate in the Physics Meets Biology conference. The conference (organised through the Institute of Physics, at the same venues) is an integral part of the summer school. ERs may participate if they like, however it is not mandatory.